YouTube Service - not loading

I’m finding the YouTube service exceptionally slow to load.  My box has two YouTube channels - one called “YouTube Videos” and the other called “YouTube”.  It’s the latter I’m referring to.

When I access the service the screen goes blank for at least 5 min. Then the YT logo appears with a loading bar that gets about half way and nothing happens.

Looking at my wi-fi router, there seems to be a lot of activity going on. Anybody else having this issue?

I’m running the latest firmware. Location: Ireland. Cable BB 25mb

1 Like

Try resetting your player via the internal menu. 

Should I have used device reset or a services reset?

As it happened I use the device reset which required the media library to be rebuilt.  If this is going to be a regular event it’s going to be a poor user experience.

BrianDaly wrote:

Should I have used device reset or a services reset?

As it happened I use the device reset which required the media library to be rebuilt.  If this is going to be a regular event it’s going to be a poor user experience.

You never mentioned if this cured your problem.

There was certainly a noticeable improvement in the responsiveness of accessing YouTube so I would say yes.

However, I was a **bleep** user experience.  Having to set up everything again, then rescanning the media library and while rescanning the library (on a My Book Live and it’s a small media collection) the WD TV live box became unresponsive and wouldn’t stop scanning.  Had to leave it overnight doing it’s thing.

In the morning fired it up, it scanned and I was back where we should be.  What a waste of time and poor performance from a new product.

Is there any reason as to why YouTube stopped functioning?  Is this going to be a regular occurence?  I would only begrudgingly accept this as a solution.

Did it cure the problem, yes but it was like having to sever of a hand to save my leg!

+1

yes annoying to have to reset all just to fix youtube issue which I hadn’t even really used previously.

I do this regularly just to test out some users problems etc. A huge problem to some and a minor irritation to others.