Youtube "app"

No ability to view “channels”, or even “subscriptions”?  

To order videos chronologically or by ‘seasons’ if they are aranged as such?

No Watch Laters… No Playlists…  

So, well past time for a major update, seems to me.  

I think is not possible, check the link below for more info. 

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/YOUTUBE-subscriptions/idi-p/280320

In this context “not possible” only means “wd isn’t going to do anything about it”

Seems to me that “blaming” Google for WD’s unwillingness/inability to be compatible with such a standard streaming service as YouTube is missing the point entirely.

The Hub as Android device… There’s a thought that makes me wet… Yeah, if only.

“blaming” Google for WD’s unwillingness/inability to be compatible with such a standard streaming service as YouTube

Clinton, you’re incorrect. YouTube *is* Google. Google wrote the app WD uses.

And stopped supporting it in favour of other devices/operating systems why?

Again… WD Hub running Android would be a truly awesome combination…

Here’s me not holding my breath.

ClintonHammond wrote:
And stopped supporting it in favour of other devices/operating systems why?

You didn’t pay attention to what jchen said:

Google is responsible for the YouTube Leanback app development

Google took over the development of WD’s app.

and the YouTube video app development is stopped

… because GOOGLE is developing the app now.  It’s the same app on ALL set top boxes.  Google REQUIRES it.  WD doesn’t have a choice in the matter.

WD Hub running Android would be a truly awesome combination

Why?  There’s dozens of platforms out there that can do it.   Why hold your breath at all?  Just go get one.

1 Like

Not really a surprising response considering that it certainly seems like wd mostly just wants to be quit of The Hub…

Most unfortunate.

ClintonHammond wrote:
In this context “not possible” only means “wd isn’t going to do anything about it”

Seems to me that “blaming” Google for WD’s unwillingness/inability to be compatible with such a standard streaming service as YouTube is missing the point entirely.

The Hub as Android device… There’s a thought that makes me wet… Yeah, if only.

Maybe you should read this:

http://gigaom.com/2013/02/14/wd-google-tv/

Asus! Excellent!

All Hub users:

Are you unhappy with the WD YouTube app?  Then get familiar with this app that works with both iOS and Android devices:

If you have not seen the recent post I left in the Live/Live Plus forum, you are invited to see it here:

Twonky Beam app is awesome for WDTV, Roku, etc. - Western

Both of the Youtube options on the WD Hub chew backside… and not in any good way.