Your HDs **bleep**

Hello Western Digital. I’d just like to say that I’ve had a number of your hard drives over the years and each and every one of them fail completely in 2-3 years tops. As a technician I’ve also repaired many PCs with whiny failing WD HDs as well. And guess what? The one in my 2 year old desktop is now locking up and emitting the high pitch squeal. Once again I get to back up all of my files and reinstall all of my programs onto a new hard drive I cannot afford at this time. Your products are garbage. I will never buy anything again from your company, and I’ll do what I can to make sure others don’t as well. Thanks for the many days of frustration.

DontBuyWDHDs, this is very unfortunate; it would appear you have had a long streak of specific Hard Disk Drive failures. Have you considered the possibility of a hardware-combination fault? The situation you have described is by no means natural at all, and I would suggest you to try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,