XMP and metadata mangement questions

Greetings,

A very small question for those experts on the HD TV and HD TV Live. I was wondering if there was any plan, or if there is already support for XMP Metadata. I am mostly interested in XMP Metadata support for JPEG files and AVI files, so we can retrieve metadata from these files and optionally display it on the screen with an option. Of course, most importantly  should be to have support for extracting the dublincore schema metadata, or at least the description field such as does Picasa for JPEG files.

If you need more technical information regarding this feature, please let me know, and will be glad to help out (even in development if required!), as I have been developing metadata tools for several years already.

Thanks for your kind answer,

Best regards,

Carl Eric Codere

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea