Xml sheets

Hello all, new here but I have a question.

I spent a great deal of time setting up a beautiful looking HTPC using WMC, the Media Browser plug-in, and custom covers by Stark. xml sheets were generated via MetaBrowser (much the same as thumbgen but seemingly simpler) and placed inside of each movie folder (1200 and counting) with accompanying folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg.

My question is would I be able to edit the xml sheet to display the movie information (rating, runtime, synopsis, etc.) to satisfy my WDTV Live Streaming Media Player without breaking the tags used for the HTPC?

A typical xml sheet for one of my movies looks like so…

[code]
  Catch .44
  Catch .44
  Catch .44
  30/11/2011 8:58:20 PM

The lives of three female assassins take a sudden turn when their charming boss lures them into one last job. They soon find themselves thrust into a bizarre situation involving a psychotic hit man, a grizzled trucker and a delusional line cook.

False
  tt1886493

Action
    Drama

Aaron Harvey
      Director

Bruce Willis
      Actor
      Mel

Malin Åkerman
      Actor
      Tes

Nikki Reed
      Actor
      Kara

Deborah Ann Woll
      Actor
      Dawn

Forest Whitaker
      Actor
      Ronny

Brad Dourif
      Actor

Shea Whigham
      Actor
      Billy

Michael Rosenbaum
      Actor
      Brandon

Reila Aphrodite
      Actor
      Sara

Edrick Browne
      Actor
      Devon

Annapurna Productions
    Emmett/Furla Films
    Benaroya Pictures

[/code]

At this time I’m able to view the movie cover images when using the Cover Flow view (not sure if that’s the correct view discription, but it looks similar) but no other information is available.

Thanks for any help, Al

The xmls for SMP have to be in a specific format.  You will not be able to use the format that you have for the SMP.

The format has to be like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows   Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows   There is a new criminal mastermind at large--Professor Moriarty--and not only is he Holmes’ intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil and lack of conscience, may give him an advantage over the  detective. When the Crown Prince of Austria is found dead, the evidence, as construed by Inspector Lestrade, points to suicide. But Holmes deduces that the prince has been the victim of murder that is only one piece of a more portentous puzzle designed by Moriarty.   2011-12-16   There is a new criminal mastermind at large--Professor Moriarty--and not only is he Holmes’ intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil and lack of conscience, may give him an advantage over the  detective. When the Crown Prince of Austria is found dead, the evidence, as construed by Inspector Lestrade, points to suicide. But Holmes deduces that the prince has been the victim of murder that is only one piece of a more portentous puzzle designed by Moriarty.   129   [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf008YJe6vA](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf008YJe6vA)   7.5   PG-13   tt1515091   PG-13   Action   Adventure   Mystery   Crime   Thriller       Robert Downey Jr.         Jude Law         Rachel McAdams         Jared Harris         Stephen Fry         Noomi Rapace         Eddie Marsan         Kelly Reilly         Geraldine James         Eddie Marsan         William Houston         Affif Ben Badra     Guy Ritchie   Village Roadshow Pictures / Warner Bros. Pictures / Silver Pictures   SHERLOCK HOLMES 2 - A Game of Shadows\_sheet.jpg   SHERLOCK HOLMES 2 - A Game of Shadows.jpg     SHERLOCK HOLMES 2 - A Game of Shadows.mkv   N/A

No other format will work.

I hit exactly the same problem when I moved from WMC 7 to WDTV. I (briefly) considered creating a script to convert the XML from one format to the other but apart from the intellectual exercise gave up in favour of Thumbgen’s Semi-Automatic mode.