Xbox 360 and WD cloud

I have been reading a lot of post and can not find one saying how they set up to xbox 360 to work with the cloud
I want to be able to get to my files on a external drive connected to my cloud but I don’t see how to get connected to files
Or even see the folders on the cloud

if your talking media files you can do that w/ WDMyCloudEX4 using it’s built in Twonky DLNA server

Be aware DLNA generally … STINKS… there is only twenty or more different standards …it’s a HOT MESS

Setup a plex server… use a MyCloud product to store your data, let plex server stream to your DLNA clients like your PS3/Xbox(s)

so there is no easy way to connect with buying more stuff

not that important

thanks

Don’t scare the poor boy.  There may be better DLNA streaming servers out there, but once it’s set up Twonky works for the most part.  And since it’s already embedded into the EX4, just use it just fine.  Twonky may not be the best, but it’s by far the most prevelent.  It is the streaming engine that many others are based on, and has the largest installed base on embedded devices, like pretty much all NAS devices like the EX4.

And since you didn’t ask for alternatives to Twonky, here is how you use it on your Xbox:

Create a share, set it for Media Streaming on.  (If you don’t see the option to turn it on in the share, then you need to go to settings and make sure the Media Streaming engine is turned on under Settings > Media.)

Twonky will find new files eventually, but if you add files and want them viewable immediately, go to Settings > Media and tell the DLNA server (ie. Twonky) to Rescan.

Turn on your Xbox, go to My Video Apps, Go to System Video Player, select EX4:TMS.  Watch Videos.  I like browsing the videos by Folder, but do what you like.

I’m wondering the same thing, and i found out about twonky before i came here.

Can i put game files (DLC)  onto the cloud (via twonky), or is it only music and videos?

Twonky is a DLNA server - which means it only serves pictures, videos and music and only in certain formats - most common ones being jpeg (pics), mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 (videos) and mp3 (music)…but there are other formats supported too.