Wrong time zone in email notifications

The email notifications sent by my MyCloud have Date headers that look like this:
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:34:07 -0700 (PDT)
However, my MyCloud is set to the Eastern time zone in the U.S., according to the dashboard, and it shows the correct time.

My MyCloud is using firmware version v04.04.01-112.

Hello,

Where are you located? Have you tried resetting the unit and test that again?

In the header of the email, does it indicate: Received: from notify.senvid.net If so that would explain it since that server is registered to WD and the registrant address is in Lake Forest CA. That could or would account for the use of PDT time zone.

Note that in Outlook it does show the correct time (below) but the header indicates (note certain info redacted):

Received: from notify.senvid.net (notify.senvid.net [129.253.8.154])
by flpd576.prodigy.net (8.14.4 IN nd2 TLS/8.14.4) with ESMTP id xxxxxxxxxx
for <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.net>; Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:42:15 -0700
Received: from localhost (unknown [xx.xx.xx.xx])
by notify.senvid.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id xxxxxxxxxx
for <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.net>; Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:40:41 -0700 (PDT)

There are however certain instances where the My Cloud will indicate the wrong time due to the coding in the firmware. One instance is in the alerts menu. In the example below the time indicated is off by three hours since the network link down time and restart time were around 9:44 am EST and 9:55 am EST respectively. Other times the time used int he log file may be wrong as well.

1 Like

[quote=“Bennor, post:3, topic:156785, full:true”]

In the header of the email, does it indicate: Received: from notify.senvid.net If so that would explain it since that server is registered to WD and the registrant address is in Lake Forest CA. That could or would account for the use of PDT time zone.[/quote]

Yes, it does show “Received: from notify.senvid.net”. I thought it might be something like that, i.e. that it was sending using a WD server which was causing the apparent time zone discrepancy, but I wasn’t sure and was worried that a cron event I had scheduled might not happen when I wanted it to. It seems to be working OK, though. Thanks for your help.