Would my Iphone backup have been saved in WD Smartware somewhere when I backed up?

I used Smartware to back up my computer before upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7…unfortunately my iPhone decided to die and need to be reset to factory conditions before I backed it up using Windows 7. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the backup from windows vista on my WD Smartware? Any idea where it would be located? THanks

Have you been helped with this, yet?  Since there’s been no replies, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

2talll , have you had a solution from WD technical support? Based on my past experience with WD technical support, I doubt you’ve had any joy.

I think the answer to your problem is pretty straight forward. Once you’ve unlocked your portable hard drive, the files it contains can be read by Windows Explorer. Therefore you should be able to use Windows search to find the files you’re looking for. If they’re there, they’ll be in folders named by Smartware, but the individual files retain their filenames. If you don’t find them this way, then Smartware probably didn’t back them up – Smartware doesn’t backup all types of files and can’t be configured to do so.