Would like to enlarge my current main drive and then copy other drives into spare space

I have a 500 GB drive that is about full so I was going to get a 1TB drive and then I decided to get a 2TB so I could copy the 500 GB on to a 1 TB partition and then I was going to create 3 or 4 more partitions and copy my old drives on to them. I have retired, put I need to have access to some old files and I do not want to have 4 or 5 computers just sitting in my room. Some data was on the old file service on drives S & T, so it would be nice to have partitions S & T on the new drives.

It seems that copy and paste does not work very well if you want to copy from an active main drive. The open files do not copy.

I have found that Acronis True Image WD Edition will not install on the one 64 bit computer I want to keep and enlarge the drive of. It will install on my laptops with no problems.
The error message says: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type=“win32”,version=“8.0.50727.6195”,publicKeyToken=“1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=“amd64”.Please refer to Help and support for more information.
Cannot find any help on this problem.

Try downloading and installing the latest version of Acronis True Image WD Edition from WD’s Support site. Unless you are using an unsupported operating system then 64-bit should not be a limitation.

You can download the application from the following link: