Would greatly appreciate some help

Hi,after reading a lot about the WD TV Live and the Asus O! Play air,I went and ordered  the
Western Digital WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN with  the  D-Link DWA-125 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter from amazon.

1)  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KKFP9Y/ref=oss_product  ($120)

1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KEA8OM/ref=oss_product  ($25)

I just wanted to ask some questions, to clear my mind:

1)Something that troubles me is the ambient room temperature in my house,where the WD Tv Live is gonna be placed ,the temperature is 32 c and I have read some reviews(on amazon) that this device is pretty sensitive to high temperatures or that it can show problems if a room temperature is 35 c or near that.

Is this true? is there a way I can improve its cooling(mod it if I have to) or I do I leave it like it is and dont fix something that is not broken?

1. Did I made a good choice choosing the  DWA-125 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter?

3)Do I upgrade the firmware right away or do I leave it as it is?

4)What warranty does it comes with, and is it International or just for USA citizens?

5)I have a modem/router that my cable company supplied, its a “Billion”  one,can I expect it to work with the WD Live TV or I am out of luck there?

I know its a lot of questions but they are something that I would really like to know, so if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate your help.

(BTW excuse me if I made some grammar or language mistakes, English is my second language)

Welcome to the forums.  I’ll try and answer some (and others will also jump in).

1. While that’s warm (I know *I* couldn’t sleep in that warm a climate, and I live in central Florida!) it’s not so hot that I think it will cause an issue.  One of my Live units is very near my high powered AV receiver and the ambient temp there (it’s also very near the top of the room, where my projector is located) has to be close to that temperature and I’ve never had an issue.  Worse comes to worst you can always put a small fan near it and have it on when the Live is playing.

2. Is the adapter on the WD Live approved list?  If it is, then I wouldn’t worry.  If it isn’t, then it won’t work, plain and simple.

3. Personally at this point I would upgrade – you can always downgrade if you need to.

4. Your router should work – the Live doesn’t require anything esoteric or special in that regard, but you may have issues setting it up properly.  That’s why folks like our Tony here are so valuable.  If you have problems, post them in the network section here.

mKelley thank you very much for answering :smiley: