Worth rebooting?

I have saved an old WD my cloud from a family member who no longer needs it. I believe it is a 1st generation model as the P/N number end with a -00. Is it worth my time to set it up to use a a storage device in tandem with my IPad Pro? Or is not worth it, given firmware faults…etc?
Cheers

Only person who can answer that question is you. :wink:

Do you want or need a network attached storage device? Do you want or need extra storage space on your local network? Do you want or need remote access to files? Do you want or need a backup location on your local network to backup various computers?

Answer yes to any of those questions and the My Cloud can be used for that purpose.

You could use the My Cloud as a media storage device to stream media to a DLNA client on your iPad or other computer/mobile devices on the local network.

I still use my WD My Cloud Gen 1 every single day.

I’m not sure what “firmware faults” you’re referring to …But mine works pretty much perfectly for me (and always has for that matter)

My house is an Apple Free Zone … but the Gen1 WD My Cloud works fine with all my Android Phones, Tablets and Media Boxes, Raspberry Pi’s, Smart TV’s and all 3 Windows PC’s in the house.