Works on Windows, But no "cloud"

Hi there, So I’m having an issue with my mycloud home at the moment.
I can access the files through my Windows Explorer at the moment, but I can’t access through my web browser, or remotely through my mobile phone or laptop.

@dashdan

• is the LED sold white? or blinking?
  • are you using Web and Mobile on the local LAN?
  • Have you switched wifi off on the mobile phone and attempted to connect using the carrier network only?

@SBrown
It’s slowly blinking.
I’m using web on local LAN.
I have attempted with using my carrier, and nothing.

Basically, I can access my files through my Windows Explorer, I can sign in through WD Discovery on Windows and it recognises the Drive, but connecting to My Cloud Home, it does not recognise the drive online at all.

Here’s the warning i get:

By the way, this only just started happening with the recent updates. This was never an issue before.

It doesn’t sound like you have access to both Public and Private My Cloud Home storage access points.
If this is a brand new setup, it may be updating the firmware

Settings → My Cloud Home → Firmware (should be 5.0.0)

…Jesus Christ. So It’s all changed now, and I have to muck around with my network settings as before it was plug and go…

Hi Dashdan
Can you solve your problem?
I faced the same problem and I don’t know what I should do.
Please give me a feedback about how you solve this

any help about this?!!! I have the same problem

So, the only way to resolve this unfortunately is to backup everything, doing a full reset of the HDD and then starting all over again. I was lucky to be able to return my last unit and get it replaced by a new one by my local retailer.

1 Like

Thank you.
So I should spend time on it…