Workaround for the audio distortion issue?

Since I mostly use my WD TV Live for music listening, I’ve been trying  to deal with the excessive gain issue which causes audio distortion as best I can:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Live-Plus-Ideas/Remove-Optical-HDMI-Audio-8dB-Amplifying-which-causes-Distortion/idc-p/176112#M4607

So far the only workaround known is to push the reset button on the unit then power it on, every time you use it. I’ve actually done this several times - it’s almost worth it to have clear music - but I’m just about at the end of my patience now. I just want music that doesn’t distort. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

Are there any other known workarounds to this issue? Any chances WD might actually address it?

Cheers

I will escalate this.  However, it does sound like the device is defaulting to another setting after it’s been playing. 

I saw that you posted this as a request in the Idea Exchange.  There’s not much more that can be done at this point, so any further posting will be just a waste since WD engineers don’t monitor this forum.  I’m locking this thread.