Wordpress Fatal error

That WD won’t support third party apps is not false advertising IMHO. Nowhere has WD advertised that 3rd party apps will be supported by them. On their website I did not find any such claim. If there had been, then yes, I would call it false advertisement.

There is an issue and I agree. And I’d actually even say the issue is really WD’s doing…because the php settings that causes this problem is not supplied by WodPress. It might not technically be WD’s doing either…the low memory setting in the php might be how php ships its default config with…I am not sure…so it could technically be PHP’s doing. But the php software is supplied by WD, so I feel they should be the ones to fix it. But like with many other things broken with EX2’s firmware, like for example broken ftp functionality that WD has been sitting on for five months without fixing after I reported it and got their acknowledgement that it was a bug on their part, I doubt they will address this PHP issue at all.

Having said that, the fix mentioned here is a very safe one…but unless some kind user volunteers his or her time, I doubt anyone will post images or YouTube videos. It is a very simple procedure…but yes, I agree, if you are not familiar with Linux/Unix just a bit, then it might seem challenging. But Keljon’s post has provided very detailed instructions…and if one needs additional help they can always look things up on Google. But if folks are unwilling to help themselves then they can keep waiting for someone to write up a more visual guide.

The false advertisement is not the fact that they don’t support third party products. I never expected them to do that. But they do advertise that someone can buy their box (i.e., My Cloud EX2), install WordPress on it, and use it to run a blog site. The fact that it does not install properly, that they know it, and that they won’t take the steps to fix it is false advertisement. Imagine how someone would feel about it if that was the sole reason why they bought the product.

Gotcha…you do have a very valid point there. Sorry, I misunderstood it earlier.

I feel the same way about their FTP functionality - it has been broken since EX2 was launched and I reported it to them 5 months ago and they acknowledged the bug. But 5 months have gone by and EX2’s website continues to say it has FTP functionality but it is still broken and no fix has been released. So yes, showing WordPress app just like the FTP feature does indeed constitute false advertisement. There is no two ways about it.

Yes, I did, and I’ve tried everything, 64M, 128M, 1024M (php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 1024M):  Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28672 bytes) in  /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/… 

Also installed the latest firmware. So, what’s next?

Karel wrote:

Yes, I did, and I’ve tried everything, 64M, 128M, 1024M (php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 1024M):  Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28672 bytes) in  /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/… 

Also installed the latest firmware. So, what’s next?

Did you restart the php process after you reset the size?? Because obviously from the error message it seems your changes did not take effect.

I’ve you mean: restart EX2: yes. Off/On Wordpress: yes. What else can I do?

Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7168 bytes) in  /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/…

Karel wrote:

I’ve you mean: restart EX2: yes. Off/On Wordpress: yes. What else can I do?

Fatal error : Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7168 bytes) in  /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/…

No - I did NOT mean restart the EX2. I said restart the php process, just as it was outlined in Keljon’s post. It worked for me and it worked for others. If you restart your EX2, you are obviously going to lose any edits you make to php file…making the whole effort futile.