Won't turn on sometimes

I did a search for my problem and found similar issues, but none exactly match mine.  Sometimes my WD TV live hub will not turn on.  I try the button on the remote and the button on front of the unit, and it will not turn on.  The lights on the back that show network activity are working and the optical output is light up, but the main unit will not power on.  If I unplug the power cable for a few seconds and then plug it back it, it works fine.  It does not freeze or power off while watching Netflix our streaming .mkv files from a PC in another room.  I use the power button on the remote to turn it off (probably stand by because I don’t hold it down) when I am done watching it.  It is connected via wire to a asus gigabit switch, if that makes a difference.

I thought I would ask here if anyone has any suggestions on what the problem could be before exchanging it.  It seems like some people have had issues with bad power supplies, but the symptoms for that seems to be the device not staying turned on.  Once on, mine seems to stay on.  I watched about 4.5 hours of Netflix the other night and it worked great.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,