Won't see new files unless I clear media library

My primary use for the LiveHub is to play files from a shared network folder on my Windows 7 Home Premium computer. I regularly add new files to this folder, but the LiveHub never sees them until I go into its settings and clear the media library. Then it spends 30-60 minutes rebuilding the library, which forces me to hunt through the folder for all these files alphabetically by the first character in their filename, rather than by the newest file, like I need.

Is there some magic setting I’m missing here? Why can’t it just see the newest files in the shared folder? Why do I need to manually reset the media library every single time I want to watch a new file, and then wait so long for them to be sorted chronologically?

You don’t have to Clear the library.   All you need to do is reboot the box by going to the OPTIONS screen and select DEVICE RESTART.  

You can also do this via the Remote:   Hold the Power Button down for 3-seconds or longer to do a HARD shutdown, then turn it back on.

Those are a much safer way, as Clearing Media deletes a bunch of other stuff, too.

But I agree. The Hub needs to do a better job of monitoring the NAS for changes.

It’s doing SOME monitoring already.   I can add a thumbnail file and watch it appear on-screen before my eyes; but not a new Media file altogether…

I believe the GREEN BUTTON on your remote has different options for how you view the files.

I’m not sure what date it’s referring to as it didn’t reorder my Harry Potter movies based on the movie release date (which was downloaded using the “contents” feature).

I don’t think how you display the contents in Windows Explorer has any bearing on how your HUB displays them. I assume that the DATE it’s using is the Modified or Created date of the file so if I added Harry Potter #1, then #3, then #2 displaying by date would not be in order (I actually am REMOVING my metadata so I can just display “Harry Potter #1” etc instead of the full title that it adds with the downloaded metadata.)

i have a folder with many subfolders

this folder is syncing ok

i can find every subfolder inside internal storage (network sync)

but when i choose network share i cant see all of my folders

but some of those

i wait for compiling to be completed but nothing

when i choose to view bu structure mode (during the compiling process) i can see all of them

but when media library competes compile i cant see all of my sybfolders

You have to change your View/Sorted By to Folder instead of whatever it is right now. I think that is with the Green button.

no the problem is that when i turn media libray off

i can see all my shared folders and subfolders

when its on i cant see all of them

i tried clearing media library but no luck…

and as i said if i turn it on when it compiles …

ifi choose to view bu structure mode (during the compiling process) i can see all of them

but when media library competes compile i cant see all of my sybfolders