Won't eject USB

After a few days of normal use with a brand new WD Elements 1.5 TB, WD Live hangs on eject function.

Have to manually power off , which already caused some data loss and corruption on WD Elements.

Is it chicken or egg? Is the the WDTV hanging because there has been some corruption on the hard disc or did it cause it? As far as I am concerned if you power off the WDTV and remove the plug then you can remove the hard disc without using the eject button, just like you can on a computer. The eject is designed to disconnect the disc in a controlled way so that you can remove it with WDTV powered up. Its the equivalent of ‘safely remove hardware’ on the computer. 

It did cause the problems.

The WD HD is just out of box, being used for a week.

The files transfered to HD are fine on PC and other media player I own.

Using WD Elements 1.5 tb with WD TV live caused corruption ( 14 files) and loss (23 files) of the data.

I see people posted this problem’s descibtion on this forum before me , sorry for doubling the info.

“As far as I am concerned if you power off the WDTV and remove the plug then you can remove the hard disc without using the eject button, just like you can on a computer.”

It would be great, but  the power off button in the described scenario doesn’t work either!

Had to disconnect the wall-wart manually.

Right now I can not find a use for WD player. At all.

Streaming media from servers and watching Youtube - that I have had before.

My idea was to plug 2 big HD USB drives to WD TV live , eliminate the PC and have all my files ready whenever I need them with a normal playback functionality , that one gets out of a $ 20 mp3 player.

Not to run Chkdsk /f on 3 Tb of HD every week and manually change folders.

Unpleased by WD by now.