Won't accept movie format unless restart unit

I have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. Model [Deleted].

Try to play movie doesn’t accept. Turn  the unit of restart and movie will start playing.

At times have to do this 2 to 3 times.

At other times it will work from the word go.

Mkv movies seem to be the main issue

Thank you

There’s a known bug that one messy file played will stop the WDTV from playing good files afterwards until power cycled. If that’s the case with you, delete the messy file.

Techflaws wrote:

There’s a known bug that one messy file played will stop the WDTV from playing good files afterwards until power cycled. If that’s the case with you, delete the messy file.

One messy file?  Is that a technical term?

Regina wrote:

I have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. Model WNCxxxxx.

That’s not your model number – that’s probably your serial number, which I would suggest you delete from your post…

Borgo wrote:

Probably not, since I’m no native speaker. I welcome anyone to improve my English though, so what is the technical term for a file that might be encoded wrong, damaged, off spec…?

Techflaws wrote:so what is the technical term for a file that might be encoded wrong, damaged, off spec…?

Kaput   :smileyvery-happy:

Techflaws wrote:

Borgo wrote:

Probably not, since I’m no native speaker. I welcome anyone to improve my English though, so what is the technical term for a file that might be encoded wrong, damaged, off spec…?

Corrupt.

Thanks, Joey, but it’s “kaputt” with two t’s. Borgo, I’m gonna go with corrupt from now on. Thanks.

it’s only 1 “t” in English :wink:

kaput.jpg

P.s. i would use the phrase  “Incompatible or Corrupt”

A movie might be encoded with Hi10P and Windows Media Video 8 (WMV2) … which doesen’t make it “Corrupt” … but it sure is Incompatible with the WDTV.

What if your files are coded with a file type that has been playing perfectly well for the last three+ years but then suddenly (about two months ago) it stops working? AKA Everytime I turn my WD Live on I have to do a full device restart before I can play any file; video, music or photo??

Fishwins wrote:

What if your files are coded with a file type that has been playing perfectly well for the last three+ years but then suddenly (about two months ago) it stops working? AKA Everytime I turn my WD Live on I have to do a full device restart before I can play any file; video, music or photo??

Sounds like bug #3.

JoeySmyth wrote:

it’s only 1 “t” in English :wink:

Right, I wonder why not also adopt the spelling when using a German word? Kindergarten is written the same e.g.