WMA playback

Evening all

As some of you may know (from another thread) I recenlty got hold of a Live Hub.  I’ve just copied the music contents from my mp3 player, which are a mix of mp3’s and wma’s.  The mp3’s play fine but the wma’s are a no go.  It tries to play them, but all I get are some abrupt corrupted sounding noises  I don;t mind so much having to rip the music from my cd collection again, but just wondered what anyone would recommend as being 100% compatible with the hub, and of the highest quality (guessing FLAC  - space is not an issue), as well as which (free) ripping software to use.

For reference, the wma’s were 192kbps, 44khz, 2 channel.

thanks

joe

Out of interest how did you make these wma files. Are they protected?

Post the mediainfo for one of them (text output)

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo (free) - however tick / untick boxes if you don’t want the extras.

Can’t remember what I used tbh, it was that long ago.  Looking at the info file (thanks), I’m guessing its the DRM?

Complete name : C:\Users\Dean\Desktop\02 Gone Too Far.wma
Format : Windows Media
File size : 4.68 MiB
Duration : 3mn 23s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 193 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 193 Kbps
Encryption : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=816&pver=7.1&sbp=DRM&plcid=0x409&clcid=0x409&ar=PersonalV2
Album : Rough Dreams [UK]
Track name : Gone Too Far
Track name/Position : 2
Performer : Shivaree
Publisher : Capitol
Genre : Rock/Pop
Recorded date : 2002
Encoded date : UTC 2005-12-18 20:40:27.187
Cover : Y
Provider : Muze
WM/ProviderStyle : Rock/Pop

Audio
ID : 1
Format : WMA
Format version : Version 2
Codec ID : 161
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 9.1 - 192 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo 1-pass CBR
Duration : 3mn 23s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 4.65 MiB (99%)

Given that it mentions Encryption and DRM when I would say you have guessed correctly.