With MyCloud connected, network loses internet connection repeatedly

Since I connected MyCloud to our home router, we lose internet connection after about 1 to 3 hours.

After switching off the router and switching it back on, it works for another 2 to 3 hours before disconnecting again.

As soon as I disconnect WD MyCloud, the internet works flowless (as always before).

What’s wrong there? how can I solve it?

Looks similar to this thread…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Lose-connectivity/td-p/657715

I am stumped.

This is just apocryphal / anecdotal, but there have been others with routers that have issues with Bonjour / UPnP / DLNA broadcasts that cause them to just freak out.

We see threads like this pop up on every device WD’s ever made (from the Streamers to the NASes, etc.)  It often comes down to being a bug in router firmware.

Other things to look for are potentially a duplicate IP address or a bad network configuration (if done statically.)

Try running your MyCloud on alternate ports?  

I had some terrible issues where the MyCloud took over my port 80 forwarding which was already established to a different internal client (my web server).

This made things VERY ugly. Loss of internet access included. My router is a Cisco/Linksys E3000.  The MyCloud uses UPnP but my router was not handling it correctly with port 80 already forwarded and then powering up the MyCloud.

Are you arleady fowarding 80 or 443 to a different internal host on your network? If so, try to setup on the MyCloud on DIFFERENT ports!  That solved my issue.

Hi

I’ve experienced the same issue, how do you set up MyCloud on different ports?

Thanks

Found it in the cloud access connection section

Hi, I am looking for this fix, can you please link to where you found how to change the port from 80?

I think my new WD MyCloud is conflicting with my WDTVLive…

Hi,

thank you! I connected my WDmyCloud to ports 80 and 443 (which were not yet assigned elsewhere) and since then the internet didn’t crash and the connection to my WD is faster than before.

Dunno though why it couldn’t do that itself.

anyway, thanks!