Wireless adaptor in free shared wifi network?

Does anybody know how to connect the WD Live Hub wirelessly when connecting to a mass free wifi network I have access to as a perk in my new apartment building. I went looking for an adaptor at BestBuy and at first the geek squad said it was impossible then later they changed their minds and said the Netgear WNCE2001 might work. So I broke it out of the box and read how to install it it and got to the point where it says “push the WPS bitton in your router”. Well I can’t do that because there is no physical router just a free wifi signal provided to tenants in the apt building. We’re given a password to connect all our devices and it works great for my puter n iPhone but I’m stuck as how to connect the ol’ Live Hub. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Since that is not a USB wifi adapter, you can’t configure it through the hub. That kind of wifi adapter needs to be configured first in your computer before you can use it to the hub. You need to connect that adapter in your computer first then access its settings through your internet browser and configure it to connect to your free wifi before plugging it to the hub. I believe you can see the specifics on how to do that in your adapter’s user manual.

1 Like

Thank you so much, configuring it on the pc first worked great! I have entertainment again!!

1 Like