Wired connection to a laptop that's connected to a WIFI

Hey guys, I’ve been searching the net for this answer, but no luck. I never paid any attention to the internet capabilities on the WD TV live, but now I want to listen to pandora and the other stuff and I just can’t.

The WD is connected to my laptop via wire. Windows 7 will show “Unidentified network” and that’s as far as it goes.

Automatic detection for the network won’t work. 

I tried different manual settings with no luck, won’t get pass the DNS.

I want to be able to use the internet in the WD through a wired connection to my laptop.  (i don’t really care about all that folder sharing, I’ve got 2TB usb hard drives that i bought for this sole purpose of connecting them to my player)

I usually swap the cable onto my xbox360 and it connects to the internet with no problem at all!

My router is D-link  DIR-655

Please guys, i’d love some ideas on this, thanks in advance.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Have you tried bridging together the LAN and wireless on your computer? I never used windows 7, but with XP it is pretty easy. Just open network connections. Hold down the control key and select the two networks that you will be bridging. right-click on one of them and select ‘bridge connections’.