Windows Vista compatibility

I just bought a MyPassport 1TB drive for backup. When I downloaded the user manual I saw it does not list Windows Vista Home Premium as a compatible OS. Customer support says they have not tested the product with Vista so they can’t guarantee it will work, but it might… Has anyone tried? Does it work or not?

It’s really time to retire the Vista machine. Don’t go adding modern gadgets to it. (Same goes for XP machines, too.)

Yeah, I know, but I still need to back it up. Goes against my grain to throw away a product that still works well. Fortunately no one is telling me to throw my truck away, which is older than my computers. The tech industry has brainwashed the public into accepting that it’s perfectly normal to replace an expensive product in 5 years.

So go shopping at eBay for an older usb2 drive; that may work.

just purchased

Same here, just purchased a WD Easy Share 1T MANUAL DOESNT LIST VISTA. SO DO I NEED TO RETURN THIS.? LET US KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING. THANKS. ROK

I have contacted best buy, and WD support agent, both said it should work. I am going to try. will let you know.
ROK