Windows stopped seeing WD TVLive Hub

Hi Seeing as I’ve just returned from vacation and got to update the annoying new firmware, - networking is debunk.

I’ve Tried the update some (not all) of the suggestions I could find on the forum only this issue seems to come close - I’ve also rechecked my Windows 7 (x64) to see if anything new was added / updated - but the only thing I see is a .NET sercurity Update since last time I connected to the WD box.

When I push “View Home Network” on (any of) my (4) Windows 7 (2x 32 and 2x64 systems) machines, I can see the WDTV Live Hub connected under “Media Decives”, when I push it, I can access my WD Box movies and music - and play them - just like normal - that’s not the wierd part.

The wierd Partis that I cannot see anything else, normally there would be a “Mapped Drive” there which was shown a normal Shared Drive…

My Guess is that the Network/Share on the WD Box is gone… but … how do I get it back? - it’s like the last firmware went in and killed the Shared Drive for my WD box, and said “thou shall not put files onto my drive again”…

Any solution to this? I’m VERY sure that the issue I’m expericing ISN’T related to my PC nor the network setup, as I know my setups, and this must be something which has happned on the WD live Box.

I hope someone out there knows how to recover my Shared Directory on the WD box.

Best Regards

Go into the Network Settings menu of the SETUP screens on the Hub.

Make sure SHARING is still enabled.

Make sure the WORKGROUP name is still correct for your setup.

Make sure the DEVICE name is still correct.

I updated *all* of my WDTVs (2 Lives, 1 Live+, and 2 Live Hubs) and they’re all still visible on my network.

hey Tony

I double checked your suggestions and it’s still not found, the windows error is :

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection
Detected

The device or resource (192.168.1.18) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".
Contact your network administrator
Completed
The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn’t support what you’re trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device.

//Me

If Network Sharing is ENABLED, I can’t understand why those connections would be refused or unavailable, unless there’s a firewall blocking it…

It’s certainly not a generic firmware issue…  Both of my Hubs are working fine with sharing… 

Then you and I are equally confused… :slight_smile:

I’ll ttry a few things more tonight to see if I can get it to work, but I’m still not sure it’s enough, unfortunally I’m a bit lost as to what could be done.

((me

Guys,

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I think that it is due to the 2nd part of the firmware upgrade process failing. I think you need to roll back the formware upgrade. Check out this thread

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/HOW-TO-Update-Failed-at-Step-2/td-p/233316

Pete

OK downgraded and now my mapped drives are perfect. I’ll wait until there is a more mature release.