Windows shares dissappear and passwords

Really am confused now my WD no longer see my windows shares and is asking for the network password?

There is no password on my network. All my other pcs have no problem with the windows network shares but this WD box. Seems to have started since the last firmware update.

moviebuff12 wrote:

Really am confused now my WD no longer see my windows shares and is asking for the network password?

There is no password on my network. All my other pcs have no problem with the windows network shares but this WD box. Seems to have started since the last firmware update.

First did you reset back to factory defaults after the firmware update? You can also try shutting down the SMP completely by holding down the power button for > 5 secs and powering up again.

Yes I tried both, well at least I can access Netflix just not my network. Seems to be alot of posts about network sharing problems on the boards. Unfortunately tried everything and still wants this password which doesnt exist for some reason. All the shares that were there before are all gone.

moviebuff12 wrote:

Yes I tried both, well at least I can access Netflix just not my network. Seems to be alot of posts about network sharing problems on the boards. Unfortunately tried everything and still wants this password which doesnt exist for some reason. All the shares that were there before are all gone.

You could try unsharing the shares and then resharing them. You could also try creating an account for the SMP and give it write permissions.

Only problem is when I try to add windows shares it wants that stupid password which doesnt exist so no matter what I enter it comes back invalid

moviebuff12 wrote:

Only problem is when I try to add windows shares it wants that stupid password which doesnt exist so no matter what I enter it comes back invalid

Don’t enter ANYTHING.   Just keep what’s already there (anonymous / no password) and confirm it.

moviebuff12 wrote:

Why don’t  you add a password to the share then you can enter it on the SMP.

Ya ive tried that get invalid

Didnt try adding a password onto my network share , could try that just hope it doesnt create problems with other devices accesing the network (XBMC , laptops) Shouldnt though just need to enter password. I use WD Livewire on the WDTV because wireless upstairs doesnt handle avi’s and 1080 well on WDTV. I have checked all that and shouldnt be causing a problem as it wasnt up till a few weeks ago