Windows Server 2012 Essentials upgrade path?

isu-skyman,

Great stuff! Very similar to my experiences and techniques. Thanks for the script details :smiley:

I agree with your suspicion that “…the efi bios has startup.nsh as the default boot item” - this is the same conclusion that I came to. Starting with a “clean” efisys volume may not work due to the absence of the startup.nsh.

…and I come in this morning to failed 0xd9 and the drives wont come online and it says diskpart says “Data error (cyclic redundancy check)”

ugg… 

oh, that’s not a good error :confounded:

as for the LCD drivers you mentioned earlier… yes, I was not 100% sure about using the WD versions… I did at some point install them onto the system, but later removed them after noticing that the Intel ICH9R LPC controller had been installed… I was not positive if that was from the base/unattend device installation… or if it came in later with the actual RAID and NIC driver installations.

The version that is currently running on my system is 9.1.9.1002 from 10/5/2012 and are from Microsoft… so, I believe they are a part of the original installation media.

do you know how to recreate the raid from the command line?

finally got the box back to working status… going to try copy 8tb to see if it fails again… :confounded:

sorry for the long delay, but out of pocket a bit…

I believe the UEFI will construct the array automatically based on its’ pre-configured settings designed by WD and AMI.  There is currently no utilities that I am aware of to remotely manage the EFI configuration… atleast none that we will be able to have access to.

so, the system should act as WD instructed… 1 disk = no raid, 2 disks = mirrored, 3 & 4 disks = raid 5

the intel raid command line software completed the task