[Windows Phone 8] Access My Cloud 2TB in the same LAN

Hi,

I have just purchased a WD my cloud 2TB. I want to use it mainly in sharing the materials to mobile devices which are in the same LAN with the WD my cloud.

The IPad apps (my Cloud, WD photos) worked as it is expected. I can see clearly that they access the driver which in the same network (without entering the activation code)

But the Windows phone Wd 2 go seem NOT to work in the same way with the iOS apps.

When starting, It trys to looking for devices (some messages are shown), but then nothing happens. I need to connect manually by entering the activation code. I guess that this app access my driver from the Internet - cloud services of WD.

Could you please show me how to access my material in my Cloud driver from windows phone 8 locally (in the same LAN)?

Thank you.

ThanhND307,

Unfortunately, at this moment the WD My Cloud Remote Access application is not available for Microsoft Windows Phone 8. WD2go was designed for the WD My Book Live, My Book Live Duo, and WD My Net N900 Central devices, and is not compatible with the WD My Cloud device.

Jstaff,
I have check the release note of wd 2go version 2.2.1 and it show that this windows phone app do support wd my cloud. Could you help me to confirm this matter?

JStaff wrote:

ThanhND307,

Unfortunately, at this moment the WD My Cloud Remote Access application is not available for Microsoft Windows Phone 8. WD2go was designed for the WD My Book Live, My Book Live Duo, and WD My Net N900 Central devices, and is not compatible with the WD My Cloud device.

Are you sure.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/wd-2go/b72bf7a9-4e8c-4c7c-a8ff-b3ec103a1661

Requirements
• My Cloud, My Book Live, My Book Live Duo or My Net N900 Central with the most recent firmware, connected to the Internet
• Windows Phone running version 7.5 or later software

ThanhND307 & richUK,

My apologies, as I was not aware version 2.2.1.0 had released as the database update for the app is still listed as 02/10/2013, which is long before the WD My Cloud was released. If the application behaves like the classic version of WD2go with additional support for the WD my Cloud, then using an access code once is the only requirement to access local files.

Please access the WD My Cloud Dashboard configuration page, then proceed to navigate into the  Cloud Access section, and select the User that will be granted remote access. After the User is selected, please click on “Get code” (Located in the lower-left corner of the current screen):

Once the code is generated, please add the code to your Mobile Device.

I have reported the application update date inconsistency. Thank you for highlighting this information.