Windows Media Server

When you choose locations for files, you can choose local, network share, or media center

In media center I have connected to WindowsXP running Windows Media Player11 and works fine [except WMP **bleep**]

I now have tried Windows versions of Boxee and XBMC.

Problem here i I cant getthe WDTV Hub to see them.

Anyone tried this? Anyone able to get either to work?

I have tried using XBMC as a media server for the Hub and it’s working fine.

Did you activate the sharing by XBMC? After a fresh install it’s not enabled by default.

In XBMC, go to:

System \ Network \ Services

there enable “Share video and music libraries through UPnP”

I hope this solves your problem.

Media Center and Media Server are two different things. Windows Media Center will NOT interface with the Live Hub nor does the hub recognize videos recorded in Windows Media Center’s proprietary format.

I did not say I was using Windows Media Center. I said I tried Widows Media Player11 and now trying XBMC and Boxee.

Got XBMC to work. It was windows firewall blocking. Ill test o see if same for Boxee later today

Actually, you said: "

“When you choose locations for files, you can choose local, network share, or media center.” and

“In media center I have connected to WindowsXP…”

The correct term is Media Server. Media Center has nothing to do with the Live Hub.

So you are bugging me because I put in a typo?

And then proceeded to say, “Windows Media Center will NOT interface with the Live Hub nor does the hub recognize videos recorded in Windows Media Center’s proprietary format.”

I was clearly not talking about Windows Media Center as I said I was using Windows XP with Windows media PLAYER 11.

On to constructive conversation.

Windows Firewall was definately the culprit for XBMC but not for Boxee. Cant figure out why Boxee isnt getting seen.

I’m bugging you because A) your original post was vague, and B) there are others who might be confused about references to Media Center rather than Media Server. Media Center is a media server application that came with XP, Vista and W7, so your simple typo could very well lead to confusion of the two. In reading your original post, there is no indication that you knew the difference since you refer to Media Center as being a choice within Live Hub, not once, but twice. Instead of being so defensive try looking at the intent of my correction. I was simply trying to clarify and reduce the chance of confusion. You’re welcome.