Windows cannot verify digital signature

Hello,

I have a 3TB My Book on a Windows 7 system.  When I look at the WD SES device in Device Manager it has an exclamation point.  When clicked it reads: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device.  

I have tried uninstalling the driver and letting it be rediscovered, downloading the latest driver etc and nothing fixes it.

Is there something I can do to address this?

Hello,

Welcome to the WD Community.

Have you tried downloading the drivers from the WD Support site and then installing that on the PC? 

Hello,

Yes I have. The date of the driver is April of 2015.

This is a common problem usually related to unsigned driver or damaged Windows driver verification service. Whatever the case is, there’s only one solution. You’ll have to disable digital signatures enforcement within the advanced boot menu during the each Windows startup. Here’s tutorial for all Windows versions http://freewisdoms.com/windows-cannot-verify-the-digital-signature-code-52-driver-fix/

If you’re wondering how to permanently disable digital signatures enforcement, I’ll have to disappoint you… There’s no way to do this. Microsoft made it this way to force driver vendors to pay for digital signatures if they want their products to be usable on Windows OS :confused: