Windows Backup

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a My Book Live and have performed backups of 2 PC’s using Smartware. While those backups only copy off the data and not the system files I thought I would take it a step further. I found the instructions on how to perform a Windows backup. I am assuming this will create a backup that would be restorable if my hard drive crashes which would include the system folders and registry. When I try to use it I do not see my My Book Live when I browse for it in the network of the backup wizard. A little research and I discover that the My Book Live is not in the same workgroup. When I try to change the workgroup that it is in it does not like the name. I have been using @HOME for my workgroup name for many many years and changing it on all my networked devices would be a pain (but I will do it if it solves the Windows Backup problem). Am I barking up the right tree? I am surprised the software for the My Book Live does not like the @ in the workgroup name. Will the Windows Backup give me a backup that is restorable including my system files and registry? And is the fact that the My Book Live is not in the same workgroup as my PC the cause of the Windows backup wizard no seeing the My Book Live? Thanks.

Indeed; the @ symbol IS VALID in Microsoft-Land…