Windows asking for drivers

Some news on this?

is it Win 64 bit only?

I have Vista and a 64 bit processor as well. This is driving me crazy. Not only does it do it when I turn the WD Live on, but if a cancel it, the Found New Hardware prompt keeps popping up.

richUK wrote:

reset via the side button with the unit on.

reset to factory defaults.

unplug the unit from the power for some minutes (not seconds)

(Do all 3 one after the other)

There’s a button on the side?? I have WD Live,1.02.21 firmware, running Windows Vista (64) and located in Canada. There’s no button on the side of my little box.

You may have to unplug any USB device inserted on the side in order to see that little hole (not a button, a tiny paperclip sized hole).

IHearVoices wrote:

richUK wrote:

reset via the side button with the unit on.

reset to factory defaults.

unplug the unit from the power for some minutes (not seconds)

(Do all 3 one after the other)

There’s a button on the side?? I have WD Live,1.02.21 firmware, running Windows Vista (64) and located in Canada. There’s no button on the side of my little box.

OK reset via the side hole (located next to the USB port) using a bent paperclip. Press for one second.

(Its all detailed in the manual)

Thanks  found it!

johngreenhow wrote:

Also did the firmware update and now Vista is asking for drivers.  I would love to be able to ignore the message, but in my Networking and Sharing Center, Vista now won’t draw a map of my entire network, because it claims either I have a bad router, or a device is taking too long to reply.  The router hasn’t changed, and every aspect of it works fine.  The only other change was the firmware update.  So now I can’t view my network map.  WD customer support was HORRIBLE until I was transferred to Level 2 support, which fixed the device not finding my media server, but the techie wasn’t able to advise on the network mapping issue with Vista.  (By the way, this was my second WD Live TV device.  The first one I purchased was a dud.  This is the replacement I can’t seem to set up.  I find Western Digital to be a very supportive company when it comes to pre-purchase questions, but post-purchase, well, that’s not really their focus.  They’ve already got my money, so why bother with the other stuff?  They have what they were after.)

I am having similar issues with WD live, requesting a driver and missing media servers from my 64 bit Vista machine. I can see the shares and access them for this computer, but the media Servers (TVersity, Windows and Playon) from this computer are not visible to the WD Live. They are visible to my laptop (Vista 32). They were visible when I installed the device and after I upgraded the firmware, but I think they disappeared when I installed TVersity. WD Live does see my Laptop’s Windows Media Server. I re-installed TVersity and still do not see the Windows 64 machine’s Media Servers. I also reset WD Live box (hard reset) ands rebooted my computer.

How did Tech Support fix the missing Media Server issue?

my WD boks now finds my vista 64b shares after 5 minutes wait after I’ve startet it up. But still my Vista 64bit ask for drivers…

Anyone have an update on this issue?  I have 32 bit Vista and get the same thing when turning the WD TV Live box on with it plugged into the network. 

So it seems at least that this problem is related to the firmware upgrade and that it might be possible to reset the box to its original factory setting, which I hope is possible though I have some doubts since we are talking about firmware.

Of course I can only hope that WD is working on a solution to the problem since it affects one of the key features of this particular product which is the LIVE part and the being able to watch video from my computer part, otherwise it’s really just a regular WD TV HD which is fine in its own right but I would prefer to have the product I purchased please WD people who haven’t responded to this very important issue.  Please!!!

Cheers.

Well this is weird…  I have a Windows Vista 32 on my network, asks for drivers can not find any even online, but still works fine.  However I also have a Windows 7 64bit machine on the network and it went online and downloaded a driver and installed it for the WD TV Live called “Microsoft Digital Media Renderer Module” and when I check the properties for the driver it lists the device location as the IP address and the driver description lists it as Microsoft 05/17/2010 version 1.0.0.5. 

Why is that weird?

OK it’s been awhile since anyone posted here, I have almost the same issue.

My windows 64 bit installed drivers for my new Live plus player

my issue is as follows

my WD live plus will not connect to my vista 64 Media server , But will connect to the same system via Playon and  network shares.

Plays video fine under network shares and playon, but times out and shows the message could not connect to the network.

WD Live Plus media player 2 weeks old says firmware is up to date, hard wired to a Belkin router to my Vista 64 System.

Please help, I bought this to watch the movies stored on my computer.