Windows 8pro mybooklive windows cannot access\\mybooklive

Using the WD Quickview and mapping the network drive, I see the network drive preloaded for mapping \mybooklive\public

ready to be mapped, since I have mapped the z drive with the IP address, the preloaded drive is “Y” drive.

After trying to map, I have to get through the windows security screen but I don’t have any password to the MBL nor do I have a password to my computer as myself as a user, but after a few tries with my user name I receive a message after attempting to map “the specified network name is not longer available”.  Any suggestions?

[\mybooklive](/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/mb_live/message-id/)

I have win 8 pro as well, but i never experienced these problems… i did a clear install of win 8 tho…

have you tried installing latest SES Driver for MBL?

A bit of a long shot as the thread pertains to Win7, but check out the thread below to see if any of the tricks mentioned there work for you in Win8:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/One-computer-cannot-access-MyBook-Live/td-p/516290

Finally solved the problem by downgrading to firmware version 02.11.09-053. Now the drive is accessible from all computers again.

With 02.32.xx it was very strange:

• drive accessible from two win7

• drive accessible from smartphone

• drive accessible from wd tv & phillips media player

but from win8 pc:

• drive visible in windows explorere

• ping ip works fine

• ping mybooklive works fine

• dashboard is accessible

• twonkymedia is accessible

• shares … can’t connect :frowning:

I had similar problems with my MyBookLive (couldn’t access, map). Tried everything. Wanted start from scratch and uninstalled all WD software which I downloaded from WD website (like SmartWare). Suddenly after restart everything works fine.  Only there is still on Device Manager exclamation mark by MyBookLive with note:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

Before I tried change drive from WD to Windows one and it didn’t help as well.

I suppose there is a problem with WD drivers and software (I have most recent firmware installed).