Windows 8.1 computer will no longer project to WD TV Live

Hello, my computer will no longer project to my WDTVLive wireless streaming player, so I can no l watch online content from my computer on my television screen.

It worked perfectly until two days ago but now, when I try to “Add a wireless display” from the ‘Devices’ screen, it just tells me that “WDTVLIVE is currently in use”.  This is a particular pain in the proverbial, as WD has not released the promised firmware update which would enable ABC iView to work again which means that I have been projecting is from my computer.

I have re-booted both the computer and WD player numerous times, to no avail.

I am still able to watch Youtube and also play videos stored on the computer and external hard drives, from the player itself, so the networking part seems to be working as it did previously.

You should be posting in the WDTV Live Streaming Forum if you have a problem with your WDTV Live Streaming Media Player :confounded:

It worked perfectly until two days ago but now, when I try to “Add a wireless display” from the ‘Devices’ screen, it just tells me that “WDTVLIVE is currently in use”

“WDTVLIVE is currently in use”  is from what i’ve read, a DLNA error

you’ll have to research it  ( i don’t use DLNA, so i would’nt know)

Regarding “Miracast” Wireless Display … works most of the time for me, but sometimes, if it won’t connect i have to do a restart …        Setup > System > Device Restart   … and then it works