Windows 7 SP1 Breaks WDTV Network Shares

Ever since installing SP1 on my Windows 7 x64 machines, none of them are available for the WD TV to view.  I can still use UPNP, but SMB shares (normal network shares) are gone.  Is there any way to fix this?  My network is now behaving  just like the problems with Windows Live Essentials and Windows Live Sign in Assistant.

For what it’s worth, I don’t like UPNP shares as well as Samba.  It never works the same way and is much glitchier.

Just for curiosity, I installed the latest beta firmware.  It has the same problems as the normal firmware, and cannot see my network shares.

Okay… I found a working fix for this.  Simply doing this and then restarting the computer fixed my problem.

REGISTRY FIX TO ADD ANONYMOUS TO EVERYONE GROUP

1. Navigate to the following in the registry editor. MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\
  2. On the right side, double-click on ‘everyoneincludesanonymous’ and change the ‘Value data’ from '0’ to ‘1’
  3. Double-click on ‘NoLmHash’ and change the 'Value data’ from ‘1’ to ‘0’
  4. Navigate to the following in the registry editor: MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer
    \Parameters
  5. Double-click on ‘restrictnullsessaccess’ and change the ‘Value data’ from ‘1’ to ‘0’

Same for me.  Windows 7 SP1 broke my network shares. I tried the registery changes but it didn’t fix the

problem.  Anyone got any other suggestions I might try?

Thanks.

This thread has been passed along for our product people to look at it.

Give me an hour, or so, and I’ll know whether my (working) shares get broken with SP1 for 32-bit Win7 Home.

It’s working fine for me on Win7x64 SP1…

Yep… took longer to d/l than I would have liked, but 32-bit Home SP1 didn’t change anything noticeable – shares still work fine here.

And yes, Bill… I will try pretty much anything :stuck_out_tongue:

Windows 7 x64 SP1 problems as well.  WDTV can’t access shares. 

I upgraded my Win7 VM (x32) to SP1 last night; no problems with it, either…

So, this is going to be an odd one to pin down.

Almost sounds like the “Live Essentials” thing, but that affected EVERYONE, not just certain folks.

Phlip wrote:

Windows 7 x64 SP1 problems as well.  WDTV can’t access shares. 

Nevermind…it is working for me now for some reason.   I didn’t change anything.

I’ve got the same problem now.  I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 SP1 (clean install), and now I can’t access the windows network share on the WD Live Plus.

I finally installed b-rad’s custom wdlxtv firmware and can access the Winodws 7 network share via xmount fine.  But not from the Network Shares function.

I’ve gone from XP to Win7(sp1) and have had no problems with network shares.

dave3 wrote:

I’ve got the same problem now.  I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 SP1 (clean install), and now I can’t access the windows network share on the WD Live Plus.

I finally installed b-rad’s custom wdlxtv firmware and can access the Winodws 7 network share via xmount fine.  But not from the Network Shares function.

xmount IS network shares.

The difference is that WDTV depends on Server Discovery to be functioning correctly, and xmount doesn’t.

W7 SP1 here. No problems. I don’t use any password.

RoofingGuy wrote:

Yep… took longer to d/l than I would have liked, but 32-bit Home SP1 didn’t change anything noticeable – shares still work fine here.

And yes, Bill… I will try pretty much anything :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha…  I’m not surprised…

I also have network share problems since the installation of windows 7 SP1.  Now only a portion of my video files shows up. I have around 90 video files and I only see 50 of them in my WD TV Live.

Everything was working fine before the SP1 installation.

I tested different firmwares, included the latest one (1.04.22), but I have same problems with all of them.

I have never been able to set up a share on my laptop (win 7 x64) any instructions?

battscrew wrote:

I have never been able to set up a share on my laptop (win 7 x64) any instructions?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3787/session/L3RpbWUvMTI5OTkzNTQ2Mi9zaWQvKjVEV05Lb2s%3D

My wdtv live is only showing all files/folders while shared with w7 sp1. Tested my share with my laptop running vista and all files folder are showing perfectly. I’m using a share with username/password.

I have exactly the same file / folder structure on a win xp sp3 home machine and every file and folders are showing perfectly on my wdtv.

I’m not shure if this issue started after installing sp1, I’m thinking about doing a clean win7 install to figure this out.

I’ve put all my dvd’s onto my computer as an iso file together with a jpg file for each movie

Here are some info regarding files/folders not showing:

Have confirmed that up to 32 files in a folder will show as it should

a-b folder
19 first jpg shows, 8 last jpg does not show
20 first iso shows, 7 last iso does not show
totally 39 files shows, should have been 54

c-d folder
18 first jpg shows, misses 2 then one more show, 9 last jpg does not show
18 first iso shows, misses 2 then one more show, 9 last iso does not show
totally 38 files shows, should have been 60

i-j folder
17 first jpg shows, 2 last jpg does not show
17 first iso shows, 2 last iso does not show
totally 34 files shows, should have been 38

k-l folder
18 first jpg shows, last jpg does not show
18 first iso shows, last iso does not show
totally 36 files shows, should have been 38

m-n folder
19 first jpg shows, 6 last jpg does not show
19 first iso shows, 6 last iso does not show
totally 38 files shows, should have been 50

s-t folder
20 first jpg shows, the next 19 jpg files does not show, finally the 12 last ones show
20 first iso shows, the next 19 iso files does not show, finally the 12 last ones show
totally 64 files shows, should have been 102

This is what i’ve observed so far.

Any coments or suggestions to fix the w7 sp1 sharing inconsistity?