Windows 7 Libaries: This network location can’t be included because it is not indexed

Hi,

I got a My Book Live NAS 3GB.  I’m trying to add a Share to my Windows 7 libraries, but I get this error.

Windows 7 Libaries: This network location can’t be included because it is not indexed

I cannot add the My Book Live share to my Windows 7 libraries.  If this is NOT possible, the drive is kind of worthless to me, and I’m sure to many people.

Does anyone has a solution? (which doesn’t include making the folder avaialble 0ff-line)

Ok, I may be way off base here, but I’m pretty sure Win7 does not support the addition of SHARED volumes to a Library.

I tried it on my PC and I don’t even have the option “Add to Library…” for anything other than locally attached devices.

Please describe the EXACT STEPS you are taking, as if you’re giving me a walkthrough of your process.

wheresaldo wrote:

Hi,

I got a My Book Live NAS 3GB.  I’m trying to add a Share to my Windows 7 libraries, but I get this error.

I cannot add the My Book Live share to my Windows 7 libraries.  If this is NOT possible, the drive is kind of worthless to me, and I’m sure to many people.

Does anyone has a solution? (which doesn’t include making the folder avaialble 0ff-line)

Just so you know, _ by default _, Windows 7 does not allow you to include network drives or folders in a library. This is because folders must be indexed first in order to be added to a library, and network drives cannot be indexed unless they are synchronized, which means to manually copy the data to C:\Users<font color=“red”>(User-Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries or to use the  mklink command on CMD with admin rights (Right-click on command prompt> run as administrator).

Don’t blame the MBL for a well-known Windows 7 restriction, the NAS is not magical and it won’t do what your computer doesn’t natively allow it to do.