Windows 11 and WD Discovery - Not working

Thank you @ozboy1 . This worked for me too. I had two windows PCs and i followed these steps.
Works like a charm
The only thing is that it creates another new back profile on the WD. Either you merge the two or back up old data first and do these steps

I have an identical problem running Windows 11

Due to this problem not being resolved I will return the drive and get my money back.

You should indeed return the My Cloud Home (MCH) if it does not suit your needs, but the announcement of WD Discovery’s deprecation was done in Answer ID 34904, more than 16 months ago back in
Published 08/11/2022 01:54 PM

There are only a hand full of WD Discovery users who still know how to run WD Discovery Desktop for MCH in December of 2023, such as right now. However, the chances of a new user being able to activate and use WD Discovery is pretty much zero.

WD Discovery remote mapping and linking still working (for a few owners) with Windows, including Windows 11

As I have posted in a similar thread, it was naive for My Cloud Home users and Western Digital Technology support to think that this link-from-desktop multi-user service was ever going to be sustainable long term:

It is still quite amazing how Western Digital Corporation and My Cloud Home owners ever thought that they could have owners pay ~$100 for a 4TB cloud storage hardware and have full WD relay server cloud service access for life for 30 users or more from the desktop, and how this could ever be a sustainable and profitable business model. And this started back in 2018 to 2019.

The same service for 30 users now on Google Workspace is $12 minimum per user or ~$4,300 a year for 30 users.