Windows 11 and WD Discovery - Not working

Has anyone been able to get WD Discory to find the My Home Storage under Win 11. Updated to Win 11 and now can’t access My Home, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Please, can WD Discovery run in Windows 11? Thanks for you help

Same here, with a WD My Cloud Home. WD Discovery cannot find my storage.

I got a message from WD Staff asking that I lodge a support ticket with a link to a page that doesn’t have our product listed. I responded advising that this was of no assistance and suggested that they get someone from support to respond to this post so that all of us experiencing this problem can get assistance. Will update you with any response I get.

I contacted the WD support service who answered me and helped me to solve the problem. WD Discovery is up and running in my new laptop with Windows 11 and I can access My Cloud home Storage.

Thats great news you want to tell us how you fixed it?

1 Like

Recieved the following from WD
Please be advised that we are still testing the compatibility of Windows 11 with our devices.

So in short it appears that they are unable to support Win 11 at this stage. Pretty dissapointing as Win 11 is live and the fact that there is nothing on the website to state this. Anyway will keep trying and see if I can find a solution and then post it here.

So got another private message from WD support stating that they are not having any issue’s with Windows 11 and that I need to provide further details. So here’s my question, why are you sending me private messges, if it’s working why not list it here in the public domain, why is Windows 11 support not mentioned anywhere in your site, why is a Windows 11 not mentioned on the download page?

Just confirmed the following from WD about windows 11: My cloud Home won’t work wirelessly. It needs to be connected to main router using Ethernet cable.

Dear ozboy1,

We sent a private message because we asked for a case number where you referred to your statement. As mentioned, we know of no known issues with Windows 11 and WD Discovery but would like to have our support follow up once you provide the case number.

Thank you,

Hi cme, thanks for the reply, the above quote is from your own staff member via a chat season I had with them. It would seem there is some confusion with WD staff and of course with your customers. I can’t find anything on the WD site to indicate that Windows 11 is supported, In fact here is what is listed on your website when I go to Windows download:

Description

WD Discovery allows you to download and keep up to date other WD Apps such as WD Security app, WD Backup and WD Drive Utilities, and learn about software from WD partners.

Supported Operating Systems
  • Windows 10 32/64-bit versions
  • Windows 8.1 32/64-bit versions
  • Windows 7 32/64-bit versions

Perhaps if there was some clear detail in the public domain this may help sort out the confusion both with your staff and your customers.

In the meantime I will keep in contact with support and then post here once a solution is found so I can help out your customers.

Got the same problem with my wd and windows 11.

1 Like

Fixed it
You probably updated to Win 11 like I did with an update not a clean install. So I spent some time last night playing around and I got it working.
Here is what I did to fix the issue.

1. Uninstall all the WD software you have on your computer.
  2. Then uninstall the following folders manually:
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\WD Discovery
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\WDDesktop
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Western Digital
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital
    C:\Program Files\WD Desktop App
    C:\ProgramData\Western Digital
  3. Reboot
  4. Reinstall WD software and it worked.

I hope this helps and good luck.

1 Like

Ok well i tried it and no good still same problem
are you in windows insider program (just asking because i am)

Sorry it didn’t work for you and no I am not part of the insiders program. Hope you get it sorted, good luck.

hey man no problem and thx for trying to help i think it may be party due to insider program or mabe some other program i have running on my computer

ok get this i tried again and i get a email from wd telling me the block me from logging in from some random place thousand of miles away from where i live and if it was me click here to unblock .jump the gun and decided to unblock and it worked so i think its something to do with ip address and what not They must me silently blocking the attempted log in and when you reinstalled your wd it started reporting the right ip adress or somethng i donoo just woke up

Hi,
Has anyone found a solution yet? I have tried the suggestion from ozboy1 but this did not work for me.

1 Like

Windows 11 and WD Discovery not working for me after I applied latest windows update…this is extremely frustrating…can this be looked into by your development team? Is there a way to raise a ticket that can be monitored?

1 Like

Same goes for me. I tried also all steps what ozboy1 proposed, but without any success. Although the problem might have been caused by Windows 11, I do not see any support from WD and I’m considering to change my system.

1 Like