Windows 10 Network Doesn't See My Cloud

The problem in in windows 10 upgrade. The Cloud was working before the upgrade. Why would we think we need to change the cloud? After setting the options for network discovery and file and printer sharing. The devices on my network now appear even after a reboot.

RAC

Unlike your issue, I don’t have any issues with any of the PCs/laptops/notebooks/devices not appearing on the Win10 Pro after upgrading except My Cloud even with Hyper-V enabled(only for mobile emu) or disabled(most of the time). Changed the My Cloud SMB settings and it reappears. Go figure.

The problem occurs or least for me when I had Hyper-V enabled when I did the Fall Upgrade.

@wptski Yeah it might have broken the network filters during the upgrade. I was lucky though I left it disabled during the upgrade else I could have faced your situation without realizing haha. I noticed Hyper-V is abit buggy that could result in BSOD during emu thus left it disabled unless I really need it.

@Nazar78 I tried to set SMB3 on MyCloud, then restarted it. Next restared router and my computer. After all MyCloud is not showing. Net View command regerates error 1231.
Disabling SMB 2 & 3 in Win 10 is for me the only way for me now to see MyCloud in network neighborhood.

Where in W10 do I disable SMB 2 &3?

Yes, see image below. This is also on my laptop which has touchscreen. I haven’t had any problems.

Just installed the latest updates for Windows 10 and I still don’t have any problems with my My Cloud showing up under File Explorer>Network.

cat0w
USA

Had the same problem, tried for days to get my drives to show up in networks in window explorer after Windows 10 upgrade.
My fix was to open the Twonky sever on both of my Drives and reset Media Receivers by hitting the Reset List button. Then rebooted both drives and restarted my laptop and hey presto both drives are now showing in network again. Checked my other laptop and they are now showing there as well. Hope this helps

Hi, Has anyone had any progress here? I’ve got the same problem and I’ve tried as many ideas here as I can…

Thanks

f

I’m running windows 10 and haven’t had any problems. My PC was originally W7 upgraded to 10. I do have one of my shares as a mapped drive in Windows for a program that doesn’t recognize UNC. Maybe the mapped drive I have makes Windows look for the MCM. My mapped drive always gets the red X on a reboot but one click on it and it reconnects but that is a Windows issue.

I didn’t understand anything, but by following this trail I have now got Mycloud in the network view with windows 10. The trouble is that if I then click on it I get the desktop, not the data folders that I get if I do the same thing in windows 7. It’s probably something really basic. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

This may not help everyone. That command absolutely the network configuration on my computer. Luckily I has a system restore point to fall back on.

Word of advice to everyone. Create a system restore point before messing with the guts of Windows 10.

That is the only remaining strange behavior that I cannot figure out. My experience is similar; every so often AFTER a cold boot, the WDMyCloud mapped shares are shown RED X’d and unavailable to programs and before I can use them I have to access them with Explorer. Weird, odd and definitely a Windows bug.

Paul