Windows 10 Drive Mappings do not Auto-Reconnect

I upgraded both of my home computers to Windows 10.  Now, whenever I reboot the drive mappings do not auto-reconnect.  I find I have to unmap the drives, go back into WD Discovery and then remap theh drives in order to have access to them.  I need some help troubleshootinmg this.  Everything was fine on Windows 8.1. 

Thanks,

Chevan

See this recent post by NotExpert (highlighted in blue)…though his post is about Smartware issues, somehow I suspect his solution might also fix your issue (also do read the post two posts after this - about the Windows firewall)  →   http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Windows-10-support/m-p/896187#M4159

If this helps, please do mark this post as the solution, so that others with same/similar issue can benefit from it. And also, if it does help, please click the star on the left under my username to give me a kudo.

Thanks for your reply.  I forgot to mention that my connection is not through WiFi but through a wired Ethernet connection.  As I mentioned, I can connect the drives manually using WD Discovery it’s when windows restarts the drives don’t automatically reconnect and I have to disconnect them and remap them again to use them.

I don’t understand what Public/Home (Private) network in Windows have to do with wifi or wired? Wi-fi and wired - both types have a network location type associated with them. I use gigabit connection on my Win 7 PC and my network is designated as Home. I wouldn’t have suggested that thread if I didn’t think the answer to your issue likely lies in that post.

I followed the instructions in this post to switch the network adapter to private but that didn’t help.  I rebooted and still had the same problem.

windowsinstructed.com/change-network-location-type-public-private-windows

I’ll look into the firewall posts and see if that helps too.  Thanks for the leads.

Also I use AVG Virus Scan- I know that has a tendency to cause problems so if anyone knows of any issues with AVG and drive mapping that would be helpful to know too.

I’ve been experiecing this same problem since upgrading to Windows10; at present it is not working.  I’m trying to solve the problem & restarting a router is not a solution, more of an annoyance.  So far the threads mentioned are strictly ranting; rather then answers. 

CookieMonster7 wrote:

I’ve been experiecing this same problem since upgrading to Windows10; at present it is not working.  I’m trying to solve the problem & restarting a router is not a solution, more of an annoyance.  So far the threads mentioned are strictly ranting; rather then answers. 

The specific post ( not thread) I referred to above that might be an answer has nothing about restarting the router.

I was referring to the whole thread with regards to the links posted, that includes every post.

You seem to come into threads just to whine about other people’s suggestions. The post I referred to has a solution that worked for someone (the one who posted it)…so 1) there ARE solutions, not just rants in that thread and 2) why would you refer to whole thread when I specifically referred the OP of this post to a specific post. Anyway, I don’t care what your issue is nor do I care whether you are able to solve it or not.

I’m going to give this procedure a try that I found in the knowledgebase:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6745/session/L3RpbWUvMTQzOTg5NzY4NC9zaWQvaWo1bXBkdW0%3D

I think it’s a terrible solution (and you have to put your password in the batch file which kind of defeats the point of security, honestly).  WD should fix their software- I opened up a support ticket with WD too.  Will report back on what else I find.  I’ll also test the mapping taking off AVG… I don’t think that’s the problem.