Windows 10 crash/reboot drive gone/

Hi have automatic backups and sync to my WD Duo and MyCloud. I backup my windows user folder and data files that are not already on the cloud. Yesterday my PC crashed and is no longer rebootable. I am assuming at this point that I will have to reformat, and reinstall windows 10 from scratch. My question is - how do I recover all of my data files that I have been diligently backing up for years? Is it as simple as reinstalling the WD software and running a restore? Sorry to be so dense, but I have found the whole WD backup / WD synce process and all of the different bits and pieces of it a bit confusing at times.

You can try re-installing the WD software & running a restore but I’m not sure if that can help you recover your lost or deleted data or not. Here, I will suggest you to try any reliable FREE data recovery software to recover your data. There are many data recovery software options easily available, however, I will recommend you to try Stellar Data Recovery FREE software. If the free version of the software shows the desired results after complete scan then only upgrade the software and save the scanned results. If the software unable to fetch any results then you can try any other software such as Recuva or EaseUs.

Hope it will help.