Windows 10 and formatting with 32 bit

I have looked through the posts but was unable to find the answers.

I am looking to buy a ‘My Cloud Mirror 4TB’ and have a few niggling questions that I am hoping some kind person here can assist me with.

1/.  At the moment all the specs shown that it will work with Windows up to 8. My question is, will it work with Windows 10 when that becomes available?

2/.  I read somewhere that a 32 bit system cannot format drives over 2TB. This is a 4TB system but is it classified as 2x 2TB thus meaning there should be no problem?

3/. I am used to using Google Drive and Dropbox but am a wee bit apprehensive about setting up my own cloud and running it. I don’t really want to spend what is to me a lot of money just to find that I can’t get it to work. Can anyone allay my fears and possibly issue me with a few tips please? Being a pre beginner means I am grateful for any advice no matter how small.

Thank you for reading this and I will be grateful for any answers.

Papadadio

Papadadio wrote:

2/.  I read somewhere that a 32 bit system cannot format drives over 2TB. This is a 4TB system but is it classified as 2x 2TB thus meaning there should be no problem?

That has nothing to do with it.  NASes aren’t local storage, thus those limitations don’t apply.

1 Like