Win10 folder capacity size does not match expanded scsi capacity

I recently replaced all four disks, one at a time, on my PR4100 using the expansion function included under the Storage-iSCSI section of the PR4100 Dashboard software. I replaced 2 TB drives with new 6 TB drives. The expansion proceeded without any problems and I retained all of original data. Originally, I had set up a SCSI target on the PR4100 for 1 TB but, over time it wasn’t enough. After the expansion process, I was able to disconnect the SCSI targets, increase the SCSI drive size, and then reconnect the target to my desktop. The PR4100 dashboard shows the new 5 TB SCSI drive size.

My problem is that no matter how many times I disconnect and reconnect the SCSI target or delete and recreate the connection on my desktop, when I check the “Properties” of the SCSI target drive from my desktop it always shows the 1 TB that I originally created. And, my computer will not allow me to use any more than the 1 TB that I originally configured…not the full 5 TB that I expanded the SCSI drive to.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this. I’m sure it’s a simple fix that I’m just not aware of. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Hi wduser0416,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

The link below will allow you to call support.

Brandon,

Thanks. I’ll give them a try.

Bob