Win10 device mgr shows Seagate instead of WD SSD

I installed a WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB SSD replacing the old Seagate hard drive on my ASUS laptop running Win10 20H2.
Everything works perfectly fine and I’m delighted of the speed gain I got!
What puzzles me is that device manager still shows the old ST drive. In its properties it correctly shows the WD hardware IDs, though, and apparently Win recognizes it as an SSD.
WD dashboard also shows it correctly.
How can I change the device ID in device mgr?

Can you post a screen shot of Disk Manager.
Did you clone your old Seagate to the new WD SSD?

Thanks for replying!

Yes I did clone my old disk, so any copied wrong ID would still be on my new SSD.
Nevertheless I could meanwhile resolve the issue by simply uninstalling WD SSD disk device (yes: the Win boot disk!!) in dev-mgr and reboot.

I find it strange that all the disk’s registry entries got replaced - except the device ID (i.e. “friendly name” in registry).

Here are 2 screen shots. Hope this explains it.

Before:
Screenshot 2021-02-28 045849x

After:
Screenshot 2021-03-01 023736

…just realized your name, FLHT HEMI…
Best regards from Black Bush Connexion MC Switzerland :smile: :+1:

Love success stories!

BTW I had to retire my Harley due to MY old age and health conditions. i.e. Lost 2 toes on my right foot due to an abdominal aneurysm that tossed blood clots to my legs and feet. With no feeling in the ball of the foot I just felt like it might be a good time to quit riding. I miss that hell out of it. Been on a bike since 1973 so it hurt to let it go. But I’m alive! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear this!

But you’re not only alive, you’re helping the folks here!

Wish you all the best!!