The reason for buying my 3 TB MBL was to have my music (WMA) stored on the device and play with WMP wirelessly. I have been totally frustrated with this so far. First I had some sort of permission issue with WMA. That was fixed by upgrading the OS to (1) Win 8.1 32 bit on one laptop and (2) Win 7 64 bit on another. My current problem on both laptops is that every song begins and is interrupted about 8 seconds into the song. After that it continues to play fine. The other problem is that more than half of the songs in my MBL library just do not play. I see my DLNA player (connected to the router- it does not have a wireless connection- Yamaha NPS2000) start to play these songs and then abruptly stops no error msgs.
I have no problem playing songs from WMP that are stored locally (on the laptop) wirelessly to my DLNA player.
I have tried loading the WD server to the device but the last time I tried it was slow as molasses and also it did not catalog music in the same useful hierarchy that WMP does.
I tried to load another streamer (PLEX) on my currently Win 8.1 laptop (when it was previously running Win 7) but apparently I do not have the driver than PLEX needs to successfully install.
Hoping someone can help. Thanks.