Win 7 To Mac

Due to excessive heat and “covert19” I am posting this on an iPhone from my car. When Windows 7 still got support I obtained my external drive. Now I have a MacBook Air with Catalina. That went through setup without transferring to iCloud anything from the unstable Windows 7. For the WDMYCLOUD I did not know what name from the Dashboard to use. There are still a few files on the Windows 7 that I want to back up. Thank you. Also, to login here, I had to setup a new account. My information for my account here did not log me in.

It is not quite clear what your specific issue or problem is. If you have forgotten your My Cloud username and password to access Private My Cloud Shares, one can access the My Cloud Dashboard to see the usernames and set passwords for local access to the My Cloud. The remote MyCloud.com access username and password are completely separate and not related to the username and password used for local access.

How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud (single bay) device

If one has forgotten their My Cloud administrator name and password one can perform a 4 second reset via the reset button on the back of the single bay/single drive My Cloud. This will reset the My Cloud admin password back to default (blank).

How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device

For local network access to the My Cloud from a Macintosh computer, one would use Mac Finder. One can “map” Shares to their Macintosh as well.

How to map a WD network drive on a Mac
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10789

This site is a Western Digital community support site. The username and password used to access this user to user support site is not connected or related to your local network My Cloud device.

I have not had to use a password to get into my drive in a long time. The drive does not even show on the MacBook. Actually, after leaving the thread, I found the issue not so complicated. Under Finder, the Apple equivalent of Windows Explorer, I found everything on my network through my Mac, even files. Now, I do not understand why I cannot directly login to this forum, and why the company has to send me a link to do it.