Will WD update software so that we can "select all", download all" files?

It seems to be impossible to “select all”, and “download all” files at once. I want to share a folder full of hundreds of pictures with a friend. After they click the link that I shared with them, they then have to select each picture individually to download. That’s crazy! It seems like a “select all” for download should be the most basic of features. Why wouldn’t this be an option? The only way to seemingly get around this problem is to invite them to be a family user, have them download the desktop app, and then map the network drive. That’s a lot of hoops and kind of defeats the point of being able to just share a link for them to download from. One of the major reasons I bought this product is to be able to share pictures with friends. If they have to download hundreds and hundreds of pictures individually, this is going to be a problem. Does anyone know if WD is working to fix this problem? I would appreciate a response from WD, or from anyone who may know. This is so fundamental.

2 Likes

Hi Pacogdi,

Thank you, for your input. We’ve forwarded your request to the proper team for consideration.

Thank you for your reply Brandon. I appreciate it. I know it takes time to work out all of the bugs. I hope this one get’s consideration. This is such a needed option. Let me know if/when it will be worked on.