Will SmartWare backups re-backup files already on backed up drive?

I’m new to MyCloud and Smartware. Windows 10 and connected to computer directly to ethernet port (bypassing router).

It took three days to backup 600 GB of my most valuable files. I now want to set backup my entire HDD (1.3 TB).

I’ve restarted SmartWare with my entire HDD to be backed up to MyCloud. Will SmartWare back up only the new files or overwrite files already on the backup and not changed?

Suggest you open the Help tab and read the Backup information provided. You will find a link for the Online User Manuals at the bottom of the Help tab page.

Thanks. I have the user manual and the smartware manual linked to icons on my desktop. I’ve referred to them both numerous times as I am trying to get this system working. I’ve also accessed the help tab.

The reason for my query is that I haven’t found an answer and am looking for someone to point me in the right direction. I haven’t gotten a response to the question posed in the subject of this thread.

Are you backing up to the same share or a different one? If it is different then it is going to copy everything.

I know the answer is in what I told you to read and the My Cloud does not work any different than another computer when backing something up that is already there. You should get a popup asking if you want to recopy the file or skip it. This would only happen if you are backing up to the same share.

Thanks Cat. - that does help.

I’m learning.