Will PCIe SATA Controller card allow 4TB on Win7 with Legacy BIOS?

I’m trying to get the most capacity from a 4TB WD AV drive (WD40EURX) in an HP Z200 workstation with a Legacy BIOS running Win7 Pro.

Will a new PCIe SATA controller card allow Windows to see the full capacity of the drive?

I was able to GPT partition (NTFS) the full 4TB with a USB 3.0 adapter, but something was flakey about the process or hardware because it failed tests using the WD Lifeguard utility Lifeguard reported the drive as both 4TB and 2TB in the same window. Windows Explorer also reported 4TB, but wouldn’t reliably read or write the drive. In a USB 2.0 enclosure, Windows can only see 2TB of the drive, but everything works as far as I can tell at this point.

Thanks for any guidance in getting the most from this drive in the Win7/Legacy BIOS environment!

BTW, when plugged into a motherboard SATA port, during boot the BIOS lists the drive as 2TB so I’m guessing 2TB is a limitation of the SATA controller on the motherboard. I’m wondering if a PCIe card is able to get around that limit.

Also, Win7 Pro 64-bit. The 4TB drive is for storage only. Not the boot drive.