Will %movie%.jpg thumbnails ever come back?

Hi,

since last update only the “folder.jpg” image is displayed as folder-thumnail.

In _ ALL _ previus versions if a  “folder.jpg” was not found, then the first image in that folder was used.

since I have the old wd tv I have organize my movies like this

Movies HD (folder)

|__ folder.jpg

|

|__Movie 1(folder)

|         |__ movietitle.mkv

|         |__ movietitle.jpg

|

|__Movie 2(folder)

|

|__Movie trilogy (folder)

|         |__ folder.jpg

|         |__ episode1.mkv

|         |__ episode1.jpg

|         |__ episode2.mkv

|         |__ episode2.jpg

|         |__ episode3.mkv

|         |__ episode3.jpg

this means BEFORE 1.0.2.21 all folders in MOVIES HD were displayed with Thumbnails.

now only the folder “Movie trilogy”  have Thumbnail.

Now… I use SHARED FOLDERS… this menas I see all files all images all videos allllllllll … ´:(

(in folder "Movie trilogy " I see 4 images and 3 mkv )

1. II could add a “folder.jpg” in all folders —>  this would result in seeing 3 files in every folder…

2. I could just reneme “movietitle.jpg” to  “movie.jpg” —> this would result in loosing the thumbnail for the video files…

3. I could just make a total mess and putt each MKV in the MOVIE HD folder with his “movietitle.jpg” —> so I see 

all double ! (Ihave 200+ movies)

My question is :     WHY IS THE THUMBNAIL FUNCTION CHANGED ? is this a bug or it will allways sty like this.

Can I hope for a come back  or for the possibility to HIDE the jpg in " Movies "  ?

Test the new Twonky Server 6.0 Beta (I know, it does something WD should do - but give it a try). This version supports movie.mkv/movie.jpg per file thumbnailing (folder.jpg is also supported). And what I also noticed is that fastforward and -backward are smoother than on folder shares.

Edit:

sorry, forgot the link: http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0-Beta/

DonFede wrote:> Movies HD (folder)

|__ folder.jpg

|

|__Movie 1(folder)

|

|__Movie 2(folder)

|

|__Movie trilogy (folder)

|         |__ folder.jpg

|         |__ episode1.mkv

|         |__ episode1.jpg

|         |__ episode2.mkv

|         |__ episode2.jpg

|         |__ episode3.mkv

|         |__ episode3.jpg

i have my movies stored the same way.

when the pre-release of the current firmware was released a cpl of months back, i mentioned it in the thread hoping it would be fixed before the official f/w was released. sadly, they didnt listen.

i have a feeling that the duplicate thumbs in network shares will never be fixed even tho it is the wdtv live- the NETWORK capable version of wdtv

FuGGer wrote:

i have a feeling that the duplicate thumbs in network shares will never be fixed even tho it is the wdtv live- the NETWORK capable version of wdtv

My own feeling is that it WILL be fixed – the only question is when (but my own feeling about that is SOON :>)

mkelley wrote:

My own feeling is that it WILL be fixed – the only question is when (but my own feeling about that is SOON :>)

well i really hope that it will be FIXED. but hope can lead to dissapointment.

imagine giving your feedback for a pre-release and it falls on deaf ears.

also, with regards to the ideas lab.

Statuses Explained on the Ideas Exchange :

• Acknowledged = This idea has been forwarded to the product team.
  • Duplicate Idea = This idea is a duplicate of another idea in the Idea Exchange.
  • Unplanned = This idea is currently not planned in the product roadmap.
  • In Review = This idea has been acknowledged and is currently under review for consideration to be implemented into this product.
  • Pending = This idea is currently in the process of being incorporated in the product.
  • Implemented = This idea has been implemented in the product.

( http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/Statuses-Explained-on-the-Ideas-Exchange/td-p/2858)

Status = Pending = 7 items ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/idb-p/idea/status-key/pending)

no where does it mention fixing the double thumbs issue

Status = Implemented = 4 items ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/idb-p/idea/status-key/implemented)

after so long and the wdtv live approaching end-of-life, only 4 “russbish” items has been implemented.

Look, you’re preaching to the choir – this was my ONLY complaint about the Live (and the only reason I ever came to these forums).  I think it’s inexcusable behavior for the Live to work this way, and if tech support actually tested this thing (instead of simply trying a few options in the software – I mean *really* tested all the options to see how things worked in an actual playback situation) it would have/should have been fixed before the Live was ever released.

I also think their excuse “.Because a Network Share drive is not the same as a USB storage, the support is a bit difficult as there are more uncertainties” is about the biggest bunch of BS I’ve ever heard (oh – so there are “uncertainties”?  Hmmm, you mean you’re uncertain how to actual program?  Because my wife could program that in properly, and she hasn’t coded anything in her life.)  So – yes, it’s dumb, it’s more than annoying, but I still have hope it will be fixed soon.

One thing is for sure – complaining about it on these forums doesn’t do any good (you can take that to the bank).

"…I also think their excuse “.Because a Network Share drive is not the same as a USB storage, the support is a bit difficult as there are more uncertainties” is about the biggest bunch of BS I’ve ever heard (oh – so there are “uncertainties”? …"

i totally agree…how different can it really be…

“…One thing is for sure – complaining about it on these forums doesn’t do any good (you can take that to the bank)…”

yes that is why i only come on occasionally nowadays and only to check for pre-release/new f/w.

but i do try to chime in once i a while to ensure that wd is aware of certain problems. if no one complains they will think that there is nothing wrong and may even invest less is new firmwares.

FuGGer wrote:

. if no one complains they will think that there is nothing wrong and may even invest less is new firmwares.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/What-I-don-t-like-about-WD/td-p/23752