WIll a "Y" Cable make a difference?

I want to know if using a “Y” cable with my Passport Ultra will have a significant impact on data transfer speeds?I have searched all over the internet for an answer to this, but have not been able to find an answer. The only thing people say regarding “Y” cables is that they are not necessary. I have Windows 10 Enterprise running on it, and if I can get things to run faster with a  “Y” cable, I would definitely spend the money on one. 

The reason why my OS is on my external hard drive is because my hard drive recently suffered through a hardware failure, and I don’t have the money to replace it at the moment. If anyone knows the answer to this I would be eternally grateful. Thank you, WD Community : ).

It will make absolutely no difference. If you look at most Y cables, the main male connector has both data and power wires connected, but the secondary one (the other leg of the Y) normally only has the power wires connected (so that it can give you twice the current to the connector at the other end and the device plugged into the cable).

Hence only one of them is actually used for passing data, or else most of the computers that the two split-ends of the cable are connected to would see two drives and would get rather confused.